Hola my readers!!
Merry Christmas to all of you! It must be a bit early for most of you but I’m in a different time zone, so here’s wishing you a life full of Sugar Spice and All Things Nice! ❤
It’s a festive season and I love to make food to celebrate that! I made these yummy, Fudgy Chocolate Bars full of marshmallows and other good stuff. Quite honestly they look I slaved all day in the kitchen for them but NO, they were surprisingly quick! You can make these bars and refrigerated them. I can’t really say how last they long because mine finished the next day 🙂 Greedy crowd I’ve got here 😉 But they should remain ‘fresh’ for as long as a week. These bars require really basic ingredients but the end result is so mesmerizing and impressive! These bars are a good 4PM snack or even midnight 😉 You could make them for a parties, just cut the bars into bite size pieces.
This recipe will yield approx 9 square bars about 2 inches in size.
If you’re cutting into bite sized pieces (about 1 inch) you can get about 36 of them.
100 gms Unsalted butter (you can use salted but the taste will definitely be noticeable)
250 gms Dark Chocolate
2 tbsp Condensed milk
80 gms Marshmallows
40 gms Cadbury Gems or M&M’s*
100 gms Rich Tea Biscuits**
Icing sugar for dusting (optional)
*You can put more gems or m&m’s if you like, this recipe is very forgiving.)
**There are many brands, I’m in India so I used Britannia Marie, anywhere else I’m sure you’ll find Mc Vities Rich Tea Biscuits)
Line an 8cm baking tin with foil paper and keep aside.
1. Melt chocolate on a double boiler. Separately, microwave the condensed milk and butter until ‘almost melted'(The mix shouldn’t bubble.) Once the chocolate has melted, Mix the two.
2. Reserve about 1/4 cup of the chocolate mix and keep aside. Add in the remaining ingredients to the remaining chocolate mix. Combine properly.
3. Tip in this fudgy base to the foiled tin and top with the remaining chocolate and gently spread over the base. Do not worry if the chocolate doesn’t cover the base properly. It is supposed to be like that.
4. Refrigerate for about 2 hours and then cut into pieces. Dust with icing sugar and DEVOUR THE GOODNESS!
Store the bars in a refrigerator, if your storing them on a room temp, then place butter paper between each bar while you’re stocking them to prevent sticking.
I hope you enjoy making these as much as I did! Please write back if you liked them and even if you didn’t! 🙂
- Banoffee Pie (sugarnspicebyradhika.wordpress.com)
- Super Moist Orange Cake (sugarnspicebyradhika.wordpress.com)
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies- Christmas Special (sugarnspicebyradhika.wordpress.com)
- The Best Pie I’ve Ever Made: Peanut Butter and Biscoff Pie (blogher.com)