It’s cold! I don’t know about the world but Delhi is COLD! 6 degrees is cold enough to freeze your brain! Getting out of the bed and cooking is a task for me these days. Who wants to leave a warm bed to make a gourmet meal ? I know I don’t, despite being addicted to cooking and baking. So I keep searching for soups and other things that can be made easily. I actually made this soup a few days back, didn’t find the time to upload the recipe. It’s quite simple and tastes ‘almost’ like Minestrone soup. Anyone who’s looking for a quick yet yummy fix for this chilly weather must try this. I actually made cornbread to go with it, will upload that recipe next!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
1 tbsp Olive Oil/Vegetable Oil
2 Tomatoes Chopped
1 small Potato Chopped
1 medium Capsicum Chopped
3 Cloves of Garlic Chopped
500 ml Vegetable Stock (Add 500 ml hot water to 2 cubes of vegetable stock)
2 tbsp Tomato Puree
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Heat oil in a pan, fry garlic, onions and capsicum in it until the onions are soft.
2) Add in the tomatoes, tomato puree and potatoes and fry for about 5 minutes.
3) Add in the vegetable stock. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes on low heat, or until the potatoes are cooked. Once the potatoes are tender, take the soup off the heat.
Once the soup is done, serve it warm with a bread of your choice.
I hope you like this recipe, please write back for any queries or comments! I would love your feedback!
Keep warm and keep cooking!
- Carrot and Coriander Soup (sugarnspicebyradhika.wordpress.com)
- Easy Peasy Cream Eggs (sugarnspicebyradhika.wordpress.com)
- South Indian Style Green Chicken (sugarnspicebyradhika.wordpress.com)
- Roasted Tomato Soup (mamasgottabake.wordpress.com)