This vanilla sponge cake was made in the microwave in 6 minutes.
Hola My readers!
Just 2 days back my sis-in-law became a mum to a cute ‘lil baby boy and I thought of baking her a nice cake! I did have an entire day to do that but I slept :p When I woke up, I barely had an hour to make two cakes and then frost them. Luckily my sister, Shivani, taught me how to make cakes in a jiffy. She’s a real lazy bum when it comes to cooking but her laziness and her efforts to ‘save cooking time’ actually helped me this time. You know how Bill Gates keeps saying, I’d rather hire a lazy person because a lazy person will find easier ways to do things! This time my sis did the same! Thanks Shivani! ❤
Its really easy and will ACTUALLY take 6 minutes to cook in a MICROWAVE (yes, only microwave). Beware though, I wouldn’t suggest making Vanilla microwave cakes if you’re going to serve it as it is, because in the microwave cakes don’t brown. They merely cook. So its a WHITE CAKE! Absolutely white! You could make chocolate though, since the color won’t show.
The recipe is fairly simple and very basic. My Vegan readers, this ones for you! 🙂
This recipe will yield 1 6″ Round Cake.
Prep Time: 3-4 minutes
Baking Time: 6 minutes
1 cup Flour (120 gms approx.)
4 tbsp Sugar
4 tbsp Softened Butter
200 gms Condensed Milk (Nestle Milkmaid)
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
75 mls Milk
1) Whisk butter and sugar, once it is light and fluffy add in the condensed milk and mix.
2) Add in the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Get everything together with milk and form a batter. Do not whisk or over mix.
3) Butter a microwave safe dish and line with butter paper. Add in the batter and microwave for 5-6 minutes. Depends on the microwave setting. I suggest you to take it out after 5 minutes, insert a toothpick and if it comes out clean the cake is cooked. If it looks wet or uncooked, put it back and microwave for another minute. Be careful to not overcook it though.
4) Let the cake cool before icing it. (P.s I told you it’ll be white! Didn’t look half as bad after smothering with my dark chocolate ganache.)
After icing the cake with my dark chocolate ganache, the end result will look somewhat similar (only better)
You could also use a piping bag for decorating the cake.
I hope you like the recipe! Leave your comments to let me know what you think about it!
- Chocolate and Orange Marble Cake (sugarnspicebyradhika.wordpress.com)
- Lemon Loaf Cake (sugarnspicebyradhika.wordpress.com)
- Super Moist Orange Cake (sugarnspicebyradhika.wordpress.com)