These toasted marshmallow cookies are sinfully buttery, completely indulgent and have an amazing crunch to them!
Quick confession: These cookies were an accident! And accidentally turned tasty! I had no intention of toasting the marshmallow and wanted them soft. Since this was my first time baking with marshmallows I had no clue of what to expect. But boy was I surprised by the end result!
I baked my biscuit base for about 6-8 minutes and then added the marshmallows on top and baked for another 10-12 minutes. P.S. I truly blind baked this time, and by blind baking I don’t mean adding the term ‘blind baking pastries’ and stuff but actually blind bake. My oven’s display went off and all I could do was set a timer on my phone and pray that I set the correct time, which was so hard because I use a microwave+oven. The oven kept going off after small intervals and I had to reset it again! This was definitely the most challenging bake of my life. If you go through similar problems, remember to set a timer on your phone and bake them until the cookies turn golden. Trust your eyes!
My last post was lemon butter biscuits made using Rachel Allen’s recipe, I was so impressed by the end result that I couldn’t stop but look for ways to transform it and jazz it up! I used the same idea and came up with this recipe.
Makes 20 cookies (3cm in diameter)
Prep Time: 8-10 minutes
Baking time: 15-20 minutes (Every oven is different, take them out as soon as they turn golden)
- 100 gms Flour
- 60 gms Softened Butter (or about 4 tbsps)
- 3 tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 2 tsps Vanilla Essence (I’m a sucker for bold flavors)
- About 4-5 big Marshmallows (snipped into small pieces, about 1 cm)
Preheat oven at 180 degrees for 5-10 minutes
- Mix butter and flour with your fingertips. Rub the butter through the flour until a grainy mixture is formed.
- Add in the sugar and vanilla essence. Form into a dough.
- Toss the dough onto a cling film or plastic wrap. Take another piece of cling film and put it over the dough. Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough to about 1/2 cm thickness.
- Cut out shapes and arrange on a greased baking tray. Bake for 8 minutes at 160 degree Celsius, take out the cookies and put the marshmallows on top and lightly press.
- Bake for 10 minutes on 160 degree Celsius until the edges are golden brown and marshmallows start to look golden.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before consuming!
DONE! As easy as that!
The cookies will be unbelievably crunchy and buttery! No one, I mean NO ONE can dislike these!
I hope you enjoy baking these gorgeous golden cookies! Write back for any queries or comments!