These all butter cookies are like HEAVEN~ filled with goodness.
The aroma and the richness of flavor will make you go ga-ga over these. If you love plain cookies with, you must try these. Its super easy and the dough doesn’t even require chilling. The best part is that you only need 4 basic ingredients- flour, butter, sugar and vanilla essence, I’m sure they are sitting in your pantry right now. These cookies were so quick that you can make a fresh batch every other day. I swear by this recipe now and it really has become a *starred* in my recipe book, something that I’ll cherish forever. These cookies taste like pure decadence , Guilty Pleasure! I’m always thinking of ways to transform it, I’ve done three versions already and all of them turned out great.
Although I’m not a fan of commercially baked goodies, I do love all butter cookies and I’ve always wanted to reflect that crunchy butteryness in my cookies. This recipe does that, it replicates the taste of high end store bought all butter cookies perfectly.
Makes about 20 cookies (3cm in diameter)
Prep Time: 6-8 minutes
Baking time: 15-20 minutes (Every oven is different, take them out as soon as they turn golden)
- 100 gms Flour
- 60 gms Softened Butter (about 4tbsps)
- 4 tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
Preheat oven at 180 degrees for 5-10 minutes
- Mix butter and flour with your fingertips. Rub the butter through the flour until a grainy mixture is formed.
- Add in the sugar and vanilla essence. Form into a dough.
- Toss the dough onto a cling film or plastic wrap. Take another piece of cling film and put it over the dough. Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough to about 1/2 cm thickness.
- Cut out shapes and arrange on a greased baking tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 160 degree Celsius. Every oven is different, take them out as soon as they turn lightly golden.
Let the cookies rest for about 10-15 minutes before consuming or if you can’t handle the aroma, have one straight away! I always do! Sprinkle a little icing sugar on top to glam them up a bit if you like. 😉
I hope you try these and write back to me for any queries or feedback!