Use this extremely easy sauce for pizzas and even pastas. Its super easy and doesn’t even take that long.
Makes: 1 cup sauce approx.
Olive oil, 2 tablespoonsTime: 20 minutes
- Butter Optional
- Garlic, 5-6 cloves, finely chopped
- Red Onions, 2 large, finely chopped
- Tomatoes, 4 large, pureed
- Water, 1/2 cup (120 ml)
- Sugar, 1 teaspoon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a heavy bottomed pan along with the butter. Once the butter melts, add in the finely chopped garlic,fry for a minute and add in the onions. Fry these on low until the onions turn light brown.
- Once the onions have browned add in the pureed tomatoes and fry these
on low until the sauce develops a deep red color, Add in the sugar, salt, pepper and water and give it a boil. Blend the sauce in a food processor to make it smoother and use as a base for pizzas. The key is to use the freshest and reddest of tomatoes.