This cake recipe is revolutionary, perfect to satisfy your cravings in an instant! All you need are a few basic ingredients and a Minute! It can’t get any easier than this!
Are you new to the baking world? Don’t know how to bake? Don’t own an oven? Don’t have the patience to bake a cake? or have a sudden craving for chocolate that needs to be satisfied within a minute? If your answer is YES to any of these questions, then read on. This recipe is for you! If you thought my 6 minute eggless vanilla sponge cake was brilliant, you will go gaga over this one. This chocolate chip cake is ever so moist and fixes all the chocolate craving you have. The best part is you don’t need an oven, or any fancy ingredients or time to make this. This is pure indulgence without any effort or time! Can it get any better? Guess not! 😀
I learnt to make this cake from Nigella Lawson’s TV show many years back. Back then I didn’t own an oven and didn’t even know how to bake properly so this cake was my go to recipe and it never disappointed me! Always moist, always quick. Try it once and you will never go back. It is perfect for beginners who are intimidated of baking cakes.
The recipe uses pretty basic ingredients, flour, sugar, cocoa powder, milk, melted butter and eggs. Yes this cake has one egg but no other leavener. Egg is actually what makes the cake cook so quickly and hold its shape. I added white chocolate chips, they do look pretty but aren’t necessary.
RECIPE: Quick and Easy 1-Minute Chocolate Chip Cake
Prep Time: 10 minutes
In the Microwave: 1 minute + 30 seconds
- Flour, 4 tablespoons
- Cocoa Powder, 3 tablespoons
- Caster Sugar, 5 Tablespoons
- Salt, a pinch
- Milk, 2 tablespoons
- Melted Butter, 3 tablespoons
- Egg, 1, slightly whisked
- Vanilla Essence, 1 teaspoon
- Chocolate Chips ((dark or white), 2 tablespoons (optional)
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, sugar and salt). Pour the remaining ingredients (milk, melted butter, whisked egg, vanilla essence, egg) into the bowl and mix until everything is properly combined. Add in the chocolate chips and mix.
- Grease two mugs with butter or oil. Line the mugs with butter paper or paper muffin cups (if you’re going to eat the cake directly from the mug, which is acceptable, you don’t need the butter paper). Divide the batter into these two mugs and microwave on high for 1 minute, then 30 seconds and its done.
Eat the cake with ice cream or chocolate sauce or fresh berries. You can eat it directly from the cup, I’m not going to judge 😉
Eat the cake the same day for best results.
Write to me for any queries!